BFA COLLEGE AUDITION PREP SEMINAR
Are you interested in pursuing Acting or Musical Theatre in college?
Are you stressed out at the thought of where to begin?!?!?!
THEN THIS SEMINAR IS FOR YOU!!!
Take the DRAMA out of college theatre school auditions. Join us SUNDAY MAY 21ST at 1:30pm for a workshop on how to find and get accepted to the college theater program thats right FOR YOU! This seminar, led by RHSMTA Artistic Director, Stephen Agosto, is designed to help students and their families navigate through the frenzy of the college-acceptance process.
After years at the New York City Department of Education where he worked in arts curriculum and a life in the theatre industry, Mr. Agosto has mentored countless students into some of the top Acting and Musical Theatre BFA and BA programs in the country. This 3-hour workshop for students and parents will discuss:
- The available programs of study
- The differences between BA and BFA study (with benefits to each)
- The criteria every student should be looking for in a school
- Discussing the audition season timeline from April of junior year to May of senior year
- How to find money for school
- Audition expectations and breaking down application jargon
- What songs and monologues to choose when auditioning for schools
SUNDAY MAY 21ST
1:30pm – 4:30pm
Bauer Music Room at Mortensen Hall
85 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ (on the Douglass Campus of Rutgers University)
$100 per family (max 2 parents and 2 high school age students)